We are one — Saturday, May 12, 2018
The MIT community is invited to another evening of infinite fun! Join us for One Sustainable World, with food and music in four locations, all in the spirit of making a lasting impact on the world through our shared commitment to sustainability.
Atmosphere | Kresge Oval
- Special appearances: Sakata Afrique (9 pm) and MIT Tango (10 pm)
- The Houston Bernard Country Band
- DJ playing Reggae, Afrobeats, + Bollywood
Oceans | Johnson Athletics Center Ice Rink
- 9 pm: The Cooper Williams Band
- 9:50 pm: Special appearance by Mocha Moves
- Soul + R&B by Roomful of Blues
- DJ fuses KPop, Hip Hop, Kwaito, Highlife, + Assiko
Energy | Rockwell Cage
- Mega DJ show in the Campus Night Club
Earth + Community | Killian Court
- 9 pm: Special appearance by MIT Mirchi and MIT Bhangra
- The Jamal Sinno Arabic Ensemble (playing folk + contemporary)
- Latin sounds of Old Havana by the Beantown Social Club
Sustainable World Lounge | Kresge Lawn
A special tent housing a lounge with low lighting, comfortable seating, and tasty desserts. A quiet oasis in the midst of the lively dance tents, it will be a great place to meet up with friends and peruse and engage with people- and environment-focused content from MIT’s researchers, labs, and centers.
Try your hand at an energy-use card game with the GSC Sustainability Subcommittee, goggle at the EAPS iGlobe displaying Earth data, check out CSAIL’s autonomous Prius, and spin the Greenhouse Gamble roulette wheels with the Joint Program on the Science & Policy of Global Change…plus more!
- Present MIT or Lincoln ID for wristband to enter the venues
- Wristband stations (opening 8 pm) at Killian, Memorial Lobby (Building 10), and Ice Rink
- 1 guest per MIT ID (ID holder +1)
The Boston East and the Brookline / Cambridge West shuttles will run extended service from 6 pm on May 12 to 1 am on May 13.